Sunday, February 21, 2010

a great cure for winter blues!

today it was sunny and in the mid-40's which was really nice and it was what i really needed!

we took my mom-in-law out to eat for brunch to celebrate her birthday. her birthday was on january 27th but with the blizzards, we had to postpone it until today. we all had a good time although i was feeling grumpy and tired. everyone noticed this and peter told his parents that i was just so tired of the winter. after we said good bye to the parents, we went to tuckahoe state park to get some fresh air.

when we arrived and went for a short walk, i was breathing in the fresh air then was smiling big! peter could tell that i was feeling much better. he said. "wow, you have turned 180 degrees!" i told him that i needed to be outside and get some vitamin d in me!! anyway, we stayed for about 20 minutes. the last time we were there, it was two summers ago and i told peter that i'd like to come back this spring because it's a really beautiful area! i didn't realize that they have a lot of short trails so we should check them out when we get a chance.

swinging, one of my favorite things to do!



do you think i can get on the tire swing?!?


pah! i made it!

i'm just being goofy! i was pretending
that i was falling down but i wasn't.


my handsome hubby!
many thanks to him for putting up with
my moody attitude lately! i love you petey!

tuckahoe lake

notice the picnic tables?
this is where we had lunch two summers ago.
i'd love to go back soon and do the same thing again!

canadian geese!



one more week of february!!!

three more weeks to the beginning of daylight saving time!

27 more days to the first day of spring, woohoo!!

another great cure for the winter blues...

will bake some chocolate chip cookies tonight. we will have them with a cold glass of milk and watch the movie, "the time traveler's wife". going to be a nice and relaxing night! :)

7 comments:

  1. Hi Tammy! Finally got my Blogger figured out. I'm testing to see if this works on your site. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey holly! i can see your comment just fine. :)

    it seems that it's easier to blog using blogger than xanga? and i really like the format too! it also autosave every minute or so when you are typing a post and that's really nice! but when adding the pictures, they always go on the top and i'd have to move them to specific area so i'm not sure if there's an easy way to do it?

    i better get going...i just woke up and am brushing my teeth as i'm typing this, lol! i really wish today's friday so i could sleep in and the weekend would be here soon. oh well. 4 more days to friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tammy! I still have A LOT to learn about how to use my blogger, but I hope to blog soon. Your pictures here are great, I'm glad you had fun at the park! The cookies sound super yummy! What did you think of the movie? I also saw it this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. holly, please feel free to ask me if you have any question about blogger! it took me about an hour or two to figure out how to do 'decorate' my blog.

    as for the movie...ahh, i thought it was good but CONFUSING! i already read the book and it was the same for me. I had to figure out the timing and people's age, etc. peter had to pause the movie several times to ask me questions because i read the book. i tried my best to explain to him, lol! i'm still a little lost myself so what about you...did you like it and were you able to follow it???

    the actress (rachel mcadams) looked familiar and i just realized that she was on 'the notebook'!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic photos!! Loved them!!

    Look forward to the SPRING, for many outdoor activities for us to do. Definitely will get busy once the kids start soccer season. One of my favorites - spring! and yess, daylight savings! ;o) wish we do not change clocks like few other states!!

    Again, truly enjoyed this! BTW, we do need Vit D everyday for at least 20 minutes. It's a great cure! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tammy...yes, the movie may be confusing for viewers who didn't read the book prior to watching the movie. Rob was confused as well and asked me what this and that meant during the movie. It was good though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great pictures..

    I had watched that movie and I don't get it.. It feel like it's repeating the history of the Time Traveler's lifetime. Plot story in that movie wasn't that great either. I wouldn't want to watch that again more than one time.

    I had watched the movie, The Box and it surely kept my brain all day and night full of thinking and confusing. It's like the other movie, "The Happening". Sigh.. It's like "Life is a choice" to me. If you haven't seen that movies, you may want to watch it. I think after watching few times of watching that same movie, The Box and The Happening might help to understand what the plot of the stories were about.

    ReplyDelete